It has been a week since I got back from a five-day trip to Vietnam and it was my first out-of-the-country trip. Here are some of the things that happened to my friends and I during the trip:
- Took a taxi from the airport to the hotel because there was a problem with the airport transfer we arranged with the hotel. The cab driver stole 500,00 dong from my friend.
- When we arrived at the hotel, we learned that there has been a misunderstanding with the hotel bookings (which was the reason why no one was at the airport to fetch us). We ended up sleeping at the hotel’s rooftop/laundry area but it was well worth it because we woke up to a spectacular view of the city.
- On our third night, while we were out walking the streets of Pham Ngu Lao, a man offered us cocaine. We said no to him. Boo!
- I was hit by a motorcycle while I was walking on the right side of the street. The motorcycle appeared out of nowhere and hit me on my right arm but it wasn’t that bad.
- Lost my two film cameras and two rolls of films at NAIA. Bye Canon Autoboy and VivitarUC400!
Taking all the good and the bad, this experience only fueled my desire to see more of the world and I plan to go to Cambodia next before the end of the year. Also, I’ve always wanted to write a piece about a personal travel experience and I am lucky enough to be given the chance. I cannot wait to explore more, take photos and write about it. This has been a great way to start the year for me.